Ugwu (Pumpkin Leaves) is that African leaf that has multiple uses and benefits. It is used to create a host of amazing soups for swallows and also to garnish a lot of dishes for the best tasting experience.
Do you know that asides from meal-related uses, Ugwu (Pumpkin Leaves) have some astounding health uses and benefits to the body? Here are 5 that we found to be amazing.
- It can be used to cure Anaemia: Anaemia is the shortage of blood in a persons body. Due to the iron-rich content of Ugwu it gives the body the right dose of iron needed to kickstart the quick production of blood.
- It helps to greatly alleviate the symptoms of diabetics: Ugwu functions greatly in the reduction of the sugar levels in the body.
- They also function adequately in the treatment of convulsion: In typical traditional societies, Ugwu leaves are slices and stored in a coconut and salt mixture for the treatment of convulsion.
- It boosts fertility: Ugwu leaves have been linked to better testicular generation and a healthy sperm life which is a leading cause of fertility problems.
- It works effectively in the reduction of cholesterol in the body: High levels of bad cholesterol has been linked to heart disease and fatalities. With a high intake of Ugwu, the cholesterol level in the body is reduced.
Incredible right? Add more Ugwu (Pumpkin leaves) to your diet and you will record a healthier quality of life.