We have been there! You just get home after a long day and all you want to do is sleep. The thought of journeying all the way to the bathroom is enough the demoralize you. You give in to the pressure, it won’t hurt, right? Well, darling, you are wrong as sleeping in your make up does a whole lot of damage to your face.
- It causes the build-up of acne-causing bacteria.
- It makes you to age quicker as it destroys the collagen of the skin.
- It exposes your body to free radicals for prolonged periods of time.
- It stresses your skin and can make prone to really grave skin diseases in the future.
- It can hurt your eyes as mascara from your eyes can rub on your pillow and get into your eyes.
Your screaming right? Be calm. Sleeping off once in a while won’t do these damage but consistently sleeping in your make-up will damage your skin and make it even harder for you to do without it. It’s best to have makeup wipes handy around your bed for days you are too lazy to properly wash off your face.