Popularly referred to as Paw Paw in Nigeria, Papaya which has often been regarded as the fruit for angels is one fruit whose immense benefits to the human body is highly impressive.
Here are 5 reasons you should infuse more Paw Paw into your diet:
- It greatly boosts your immunity: Studies have discovered that one single serving of Paw Paw has the ability to provide you with than 200% of your daily requirement of vitamin C. Vitamin C is a great booster of the immune system so just imagine the effect of having some much pumped into your system.
- Protects and Heals Your Digestive Tract: In our world today, we take in a lot of damaging meals and drinks which do great for our taste buds but actually have very harsh negative effects on the digestive tract. Pawpaw contains an enzyme called papain and lots of fibre which help to protect and heal your digestive tract.
- Helps to control menstrual pain: For women who experience serious pain during, before and after their period, Paw Paw might just be the solution to their problems. It helps to regulate and ease blood flow thereby solving the root cause of the pain.
- Helps To Prevent Cancer: The enzymes and anti-oxidants present in Paw Paw have been linked to the reduced risk of cancer. They fuel the body with nutrients that prevent cell damage associated with cancer.
- Lowers Cholestrol and the risk of heart disease: Paw Paw contains the right amount of fibre and vitamin C which functions as a great deterrent to the build-up of cholesterol in the body. Cholesterol has been associated with several heart diseases like heart attack. So it is definitely important that its build up in the body is reduced.