“Satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light. Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also transform themselves into ministers of righteousness…” 2 Cor.11:14-15
“Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world….” 1 John 4:1
Whether we realize it or not, Christians are engaged in a spiritual war!
Satan’s forces will attack us!
We need to be alert, discerning and READY to resist!
Characteristics of Satan
1. Created by God, but not equal to God. (Proverbs 16:4)
2. Defies God and despises truth. (John 8:44)
3. Was given limited power. (Job 1:8-12)
4. Commands a hierarchy of demons. (Eph. 6:10-12)
5. Masquerades as “an angel of light.” (2 Cor. 11:14-15)
6. Plans to steal, kill and destroy. (John 10:10)
7. Rules the masses outside God’s protection. (Eph. 2:1-3)
8. Keeps seeking an “opportune time” to tempt us. (Luke 4:13)
9. Tries to hide the actual truth about our God. (2 Cor. 4:3-4)
10. Offers counterfeit promises he can’t fulfill. (Gen. 3:4-5)
11. Twists Scriptures to fit his purposes. (Gen. 3:1-5)
12. Will suffer the fate he deserves. (Revelation 20:10)
“…be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day….
“Stand therefore, having girded your waist with [God’s] TRUTH, having put on the breastplate of RIGHTEOUSNESS, and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of PEACE; above all, taking the shield of FAITH with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one.
And take the helmet of SALVATION, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the WORD of GOD; praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints.” Ephesians 6:10-17
“Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary, the devil, walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.” 1 Peter 5:8
“Therefore submit to God.’ Resist the devil and he will flee from you. Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands [REPENT], you sinners; and purify your hearts…. Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He will lift you up.” James 4:7:10
“…do not sin: do not let the sun go down on your wrath, nor give place [lest you give a foothold] to the devil.” Ephesians 4:26-27
“And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, and they did not love their lives to the death.” 1 Revelation 12:11