Walnuts is a very popular nut, many people eat walnut without knowing its amazing benefits. Walnut is a great source of protein, manganese, copper, magnesium, phosphorus, vitamin B6, carbohydrates, fat, vitamin A, Folate, sodium,calcium, zinc, iron and many more. Walnut is also rich in fiber and healthy for the heart. Some of the benefits of eating walnuts include;
1. HEART HEALTH: Nuts are good for the heart, walnut contains an amino acid called L-arginine. L-arginine is known to prevent chest pain, high blood pressure, heart failure, coronary artery disease and stroke. Walnuts also help reduce bad cholesterol (low-density lipoprotein) and increase the good cholesterol level (high density lipoprotein).
2. INCREASE FERTILITY IN MEN: Walnut increase fertility in men. The L-arginine present in walnut is very active in reducing erectile dysfunction and male infertility. L-arginine is also a precursor for nitric oxide which allows the blood flows free and also increases erection in men.
3. REDUCE RISK OF CANCER: Walnuts is also said to reduce the risk of prostate and breast cancer. The phenolic and antioxidant compounds found in walnuts can help control cancer according to research.
4. DIABETES: consumption of walnut can help control diabetes by increasing the metabolic parameters in people with type 2 diabetes. According to a study published in the Journals of Nutrition, women who consumed 28grams of walnuts twice a week less likely to develop type 2 diabetes by 24%.
5. Walnuts contain Omega-3 fats, antioxidants, folate and melatonin which makes it increase brain health and good reasoning. Walnuts reduce stress and it’s also great snack for pregnant women.