Yogurts are healthy and delicious drinks made from fermented milk. This fermentation is done using a bacteria called Yogurt cultures. They work by fermenting lactose which is the natural sugar found in milk.
Have you been paying little attention to Yogurt? Been treating it like its just another? Then you just might have been doing yourself a serious disservice.
Ready to explore the benefits and to increase your intake of yogurt, then read these 5 benefits of drinking yogurts.
- They contain nearly all the nutrients your body needs: Yogurts have been discovered to have a bit of every vital vitamin, minerals and food nutrients.
- They help to reverse the negative effects of antibiotics on the body especially in the digestive tracts: Unprocessed yogurts contain live bacteria which are most times destroyed by antibiotics. These bacteria are needed for a healthy digestive system.
- They may greatly improve your immune system: Due to the high amounts of probiotics which they contain, yogurts are a great source of disease-fighting elements. These bacteria help to fight diseases and serve as a good deterrent to harmful bacteria.
- It helps the bone health: Yogurts are rich in calcium protein, potassium, phosphorus and sometimes fortified with Vitamin D which are very critical minerals to great bone health.
- They help with weight management: Yogurts contain appetite reducing minerals and proteins which discourages excessive eating and helps to maintain an overall weight that is healthy. Studies have discovered the trend of high consumers of yogurts having healthy weights.
As amazing as these seem, please note that most of these benefits come from natural healthy yogurts which haven’t undergone rigorous processing. So ensure to opt for natural unprocessed yogurts to enjoy the full benefits of this amazing drink.