Tragedy rocked the Orile-Agege area of Lagos this morning as residents woke up to an explosion that injured two people and razed properties worth several millions of Naira.
According to Vanguard, residents reported waking up to an explosion after a high tension wire landed on the roof of a house which had a cooking gas in it.
A resident who identified himself as Saidu Mohammed told Vanguard;
“I could not salvage anything from the fire. The most painful aspect is that the money I was supposed to pay into the bank yesterday (Monday), on behalf of my company, got burnt.
I could not pay because the bank had closed. My intention was to pay it in today(yesterday), only for the unthinkable to happen.”