Disable Your Whatsapp From Auto Downloading Of Media.
The vast of the Whatsapp users do not know Whatsap has the feature of disabling the automatic media downloading. Here are the simple steps taken on how to disable your Whatsapp form auto downloading of Images, Audio, Video, Document etc.
WhatsApp for Android has a switch that lets you stop images and videos from downloading. Here’s how you can do it
- Open WhatsApp, make sure you are seeing the main window – where all your chats are displayed. Tap the three vertical dots on the top right > Settings.
- Now tap Chat settings > Media auto-download. You’ll see three options: When using cellular data, When connected on Wi-Fi and When roaming. Tap each one and disable auto-downloads by unchecking all three options – Images, Audio and Video.
You can turn off media auto-download on iPhone too via the Settings menu.
- Open WhatsApp and tap the Settings button at the bottom-right, and tap on Data and Storage Usage
- In this menu, you will see the Media Auto-Download option on top
- For Photos, Audio, Videos, and Documents, select the Never option