The savage Monkey Pox illness desolating states in the nation have been purportedly recorded in Enugu state.
The savage Monkey Pox illness has hit the coal city, Enugu soon after two speculated cases were accounted for in Lagos state yesterday.
Nigerian Blogger, Amanda Chisom broke the news on Facebook and shared a photograph of a female casualty. Many individuals have been cautioned to be on the alarm and to stay away from superfluous body contact.
It has been revealed that monkey pox, which started with an index case in Bayelsa on September 22, has spread to six other states, including Lagos.
According to The Nation, the National Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) yesterday said there are 31 cases.
NCDC National Coordinator/Chief Executive Officer Dr. Chikwe Ihekweazu listed the states as Bayelsa, Rivers, Ekiti, Akwa Ibom, Ogun and Cross River.
Be careful and take precautions
There are number of measures that can be taken to prevent infection with monkeypox virus:
– Avoid contact with animals that could harbor the virus (including animals that are sick or that have been found dead in areas where monkeypox occurs).
– Avoid contact with any materials, such as bedding, that has been in contact with a sick animal.
– Isolate infected patients from others who could be at risk for infection.
– Practice good hand hygiene after contact with infected animals or humans. For example, washing your hands with soap and water or using an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
– Use personal protective equipment (PPE) when caring for patients.
Olawale Sanusi is an enthusiast, a passionate lover and good writer of football stories. Also, a creative story developer