Are you a bread addict? Do you eat this Nigerian staple food every day and every time? Then you need to read this article to see the dangers of eating bread every day as the daily consumption of bread can have really adverse effects on your body.
- Nutritional Deficiency: Bread is very high in carbohydrates but is unfortunately low in other very important ingredients. Excessive intake of this will result in the body lacking vital nutrients. Foods like bread should be taken in moderation and shouldn’t be eaten every day.
- It can lead to depression: Studies have shown that refined carbohydrates such as white bread have been linked to depression. Excessive intake of white bread can mess up your emotions and cause you to have very terrible mood swings.
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome: Bread has been linked to digestive issues. If you are a regular consumer of wheat bread you might be predisposed to having abdominal aches and very serious stomach troubles.
- Increases your risk for diabetics by a high margin: Bread contains a lot of sugar which spikes up the insulin levels in your body. Continuous intake of this may result in the insulin cells becoming resistant.
- Bread raises bad cholesterol: A lot of people opt for wheat bread thinking they have a better alternative to white bread but do you know that studies have discovered that wheat bread can increases bad cholesterol by up to 60% over a 12 week period of consistent intake.
This doesn’t mean you should totally ditch it but like other not so healthy fetishes you should eat both wheat bread and white bread minimally.