A sore throat is one of the most uncomfortable minor health issues. It makes swallowing a hurdle and can be very frustrating. Sore throats are actually your bodies natural response to health issues. Once your body is plagued by diseases and infection, the mucous membranes in the throat swell up. However, with effective home remedies, you can curb this annoying discomfort in your throat.
- Salt Water Gargle: Mix and water together in a cup and gargle for 30 seconds every hour. This helps to pull out water from the throat tissue.
- Honey and warm water: Mixing honey with warm water is a natural sore throat remedy that helps to soothe the affected areas.
- Lemon water: This combination is filled with soothing minerals and high vitamin C content that fights off infection associated with causing a sore throat.
- Peppermint Tea: This contains mint that helps to numb your throat and also fight antioxidants. it contains herbal benefits as well which accelerates the healing process.
- Drink plenty of fluids: This is perhaps the most effective as drinking plenty of fluids helps to keep the mucous membranes well hydrated which helps them to heal.