The former Edo state governor and former National Labour Congress Chairman has been confirmed by the All Progressive Congress Party as its National Chairman.
This happened today Saturday when the ex-governor returned unopposed after a voice affirmation by the party members.
The party confirmed that 18 positions were unopposed and all has been affirmed today Saturday.
Mohammed Badaru, Chairman Convention committee and Governor of Jigawa State made this know in an announcement towards the end of the party’s convention today.
The ex-governor is to replace the outgoing chairman, John Oyegun who wanted to contest at first alongside Clement Ebri, Ibrahim Emokpaire and Oserhermen Osunbor who all stepped down for Adams Oshiomole.
Mr Oyegun in his last speech as the chairman of the party wished the new chairman well as he takes over the control of the affairs of the party.
The following are the names of the unopposed executives that were confirmed in the convention
- Adams Oshiomhole … National Chairman
- Ibrahim Masari … National Welfare Secretary
- Tunde Bello…National Financial Secretary
- Misbahu L Didi….Representative of the physically challenged
- Zakari Mohammed….Zonal secretary north central
- Ibrahim Abdullahi
- Hassana Abdullahi….Zonal woman leader North Central
- Nelson Abba….ex-officio North Central
- Abubabakr Ajiya….Zonal Sec northeast
- Isa Azare….Ex officio Northeast
- Tukur Gusau…. Zonal secretary north-west
- Nasiru Haladu….Ex officio Northwest
- Mrs Akpabio ….Woman leader South south